Insurance is much more dimensional than just policies.
It’s also aging and finance and climate change and generational habits and diet and happiness and sleep, and we find wisdom in all of it. Read on if you’re a curious person, too!
Years ago, I read a poem called “When I’m an Old Lady and Live with my Kids.” Let’s call it a kind of humorous ‘revenge rhapsody.’ It had a truly profound effect on me. But I didn’t find it so funny. Nobody dreams of ending up at their kid’s house, being dependent on them physically or financially. The poem began a journey to educate and tell the story, particularly from a women’s perspective, of our aging process and how the […]
Health costs continue to rise, and because of that, employees are putting greater weight in employers that bear more of the costs of health benefits. So, one of the largest challenges companies face when choosing an employee benefits package — other than the astronomical cost– is deciding how much of that cost the company should bear versus its employees.
The Kaiser Family Foundation Health Benefits Survey 2018 shows employees pay 17% towards employee-only coverage versus 28% for family medical coverage. The cost for the […]
You know that meningitis you had in college? Or that prescription you were given for anxiety 20 years ago during your divorce? Well, if it’s on record, it’s game for insurance companies to consider it when they issue you an insurance policy and charge you premiums. So, ANY history, once written down, has its pros and cons for your costs and benefits. Here are some examples:
- Step by step timeline of your medical history including testing, diagnostics, medications and notes
What is buried in your DNA was once a secret, buried deep within the paired strands of your DNA. The Human Genome Project, began in 1900, has changed all that. The watershed moment came in 2003 when the international research project completed its mission: sequencing the genome. Decoding the blueprint for every human being, which directs their development, influences, and health, has provided revolutionary insight ever since.
Fast forward to today, and we can get genetic direct-to-consumer tests like […]
- What Employers Need to Know about the New Final Rules on Health Reimbursement Arrangements August 20, 2019
- Is it Time for Unlimited Time Off? May 21, 2019
- PTO for When the Wind Blows November 29, 2017
- Stop Handing Out Your SSN Like Candy November 15, 2017
- Get Moving… To Live! November 1, 2017
- Addressing Marijuana Usage and Testing in the Workplace September 12, 2019
- Fighting Unconscious Bias in the Workplace September 5, 2019
- Going Beyond Rainbows August 22, 2019
- All About Bravery August 16, 2019
- The "Official" Lowdown on Physical Activity August 8, 2019